22 Mar MEDRC to Host World Water Day Celebrations
World Water Day 2017, on March 22 is all about wastewater and how we should be reducing and reusing it rather than letting it go down the drain.
MEDRC will celebrate this important occasion with a special World Water Day event at our headquarters in Muscat;
1) Keynote speeches and presentations related with this year World Water Day’s topic (Water and Wastewater), in the presence of distinguished speakers and participants from Ministries, Embassies, Industry, Operators, Academia, Research and civil society.
2) World Water Day Art Competition
Ran in conjunction with 2 local schools, where teams of interested students will compete to design a Mural based on the theme of this year’s World Water Day which is ‘Water and Wastewater’. The winning designers will be invited to come to MEDRC offices on March 22nd to paint their mural on our Garden Terrace Wall.
3) World Water Day Walk
A 4 day walk from Sifah Hotel Waste Water treatment plant to our MEDRC office here in North Al-Hail. This walk is organized to raise awareness on wastewater challenges.
4) MEDRC Alumni Series Workshop
A session animated by MEDRC Alumni representatives from Jordan and Palestine, and also from Sultan Qaboos University and MEDRC. It includes focused presentations on how we can deal with wastewater.
5) Official Signature of a MoU between the International Maritime College Of Oman (IMCO) & MEDRC:
With the presence of Dr. Hilal Ali Al Hadhrami, Dean of IMCO and HE Ciaran O’Cuinn, Director of MEDRC
6) Announcement of the Omani Young Water Researchers Award:
To be launched officially under the Umbrella of PAEW, and official sponsoring of Omar Zawawi L.L.C. and the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands