20 Oct MEDRC Water Research Fellows Gather Present Research Results
MEDRC Water Research Alumni Event in Irbid, Jordan
MEDRC Water Research Fellows gathered at the Jordan University for Science and Technology in Irbid, Jordan to present updates to international experts on their important water research.
At the event, MEDRC Water Research Fellows presented their recent research to international experts on a wide range of topics including:
- · Hydrological Analysis of Wadis Draining to the Gulf of Aqaba: Flash Floods Mitigation and Risk Management of Selected Watersheds
- · Solar Desalination with Solar Still
- · Water Requirements of the Jordanian Nuclear Power Plant
- · Synthesis of Fouling-Resistant Ultrafiltration Membranes from Nanostructures Composites for Water Treatment Applications
· Strategic Assessment of Nuclear Desalination in Jordan
· Evaluation of Excess Sludge Reduction in Oxic-Settling-Anoxic (OSA) – Activated Sludge Process
The event was co-hosted by the Jordan Valley Authority, the University of Jordan, the Jordan University of Science and Technology along with MEDRC.
MEDRC Water Research, in cooperation with the Jordan Valley Authority. has extended its Water Researcher Network to include the Princess Sumaya University and the German Jordanian University. Researchers in the field of water management, water reuse, desalination and waste water, can apply to the upcoming launch of the MEDRC Water Research Fellowship Program in 2017.
MEDRC Water Research Fellows in Jordan and Palestine work on research projects the focus on the crucial water issues facing their countries today.
Since the program started over 170 research projects have been supported. These have made a significant practical impact in the field of water management, reuse, desalination and other pressing topics related to water research in the region.